Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Croutons - La Jolla

www.croutonstogo.com
8707 Villa La Jolla Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
(In between Pick Up Stix and Healthy Back)

One of my favorite places to grab a quick salad or soup is Croutons. Granted, $6 for a small salad can seem a bit steep, but you really can't beat this place in terms of convenience and quality. All of the sandwiches, salads and soups I have tried have always tasted extremely fresh and wonderfully homemade.

Croutons is small, but the environment is one step above fast-food level. You order at the counter, they give you a number placard, and a worker brings your order to your table.

And if you show your UCSD ID, you get a free drink!


Large Cobb Salad ($6.95) - Romaine with diced roasted turkey breast, smoked bacon, tomato, avocado, egg, crumbled bleu cheese and croutons with bleu cheese or ranch dressing


Small Chicken and Wild Rice soup ($3.45) - I was expecting a brothy soup, but as you can see, this turned out to be quite thick (but still delicious). It tasted like a combination of corn chowder and chicken/wild rice soup. You can also ask for samples of the soups prior to ordering, just in case you're not feeling adventurous.

2 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mabel - Wow, I don't check on for a few days, and 2 new posts! And even comments! So let's see, I have a UCSDMC ID - will that get me a free drink?

 
At 1:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! "Croutons" chicken and rice soup is my favorite of all time, How can I get the recipe? I eat there every day!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home